Eat at Instock and fight food waste! This innovative restaurant is a neighborhood hotspot and cozy restaurant on the east side. Visit the Toko too!
INSTOCK • FIGHT FOOD WASTE WITH A FORK
Are you concerned by problems of food waste? Check out Instock!
Instock prepares delicious breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner from food that would otherwise be thrown away by grocers like Albert Heijn. We love initiatives like this that combine something positive for the world with great food and fun!
The four founders got to know each other while working at Albert Heijn and became concerned about the problem of food waste. They decided to do something about it and opened Instock to take food that would otherwise be wasted and turn it into creative culinary delights.
The menu changes daily depending on what is available. Come for weekend dinner or Sunday brunch. The restaurant was located at the Westerpark for about a year and has now moved to a lovely location in Oost.
They host special events highlighting creative food concepts and neighborhood entrepreneurs. Check their website or Facebook page for the latest info.
Also check out the new Instock Toko in de Pijp across from the Albert Cuypmarkt. You can find salads, sandwiches and juices to-go, based on the products that are available in the market that day. Bring a used book to share and take one yourself!
Look for the Instock food truck at festivals this summer too!
Czaar Peterstraat 21, Amsterdam
Ferdinand Bolstraat 88, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands