Restaurant Marius is like a cozy bistro you might find in France. The casual atmosphere with checkered tablecloths and bookshelves and wineracks along the walls lends to the homey atmosphere.
Each evening they serve a 4-course menu based on what is available seasonally at the market. We dined on 2 fish dishes and a meat entree plus tasty desserts. The portions were definitely on the large side and we left feeling absolutely satisfied.
Of course as you would expect at a French bistro wines can be chosen to pair with the dishes. We started with a sparkling wine to get in a festive mood and snacked on the olives and bread and butter before the meal began. We choose a red wine to pair with the entrees and tried both lamb and venison entrees. Both were delicious and hearty warming dishes perfect for the winter. We shared the desserts, an intense chocolate tart and stewed figs in red wine with ice cream.
Marius is a terrific choice for a relaxed special occasion dinner or a genial meal with friends and family.
For a more casual atmosphere check out sister restaurant Worst next door.
Barentszstraat 173, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 13 Amsterdam secrets
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam