Coffee, tea, cakes and sweets are what you will discover when you stop in to Rum Baba in the Transvaalbuurt. The bright space and friendly staff are sure to improve your day.
RUM BABA • COFFEE, TEA & SWEETS IN OOST
Coffee, tea, cakes and sweets are what you will discover when you stop in to Rum Baba. Opened by Jeroen Keizer of Coffee Bru and Monkey Chief Tea fame, Rum Baba is a happy space on the corner of a nice residential street in the Transvaalbuurt.
The array of tasty treats tempt from the counter and the smell of cakes baking fills the air. Order an expertly crafted coffee or one of their special teas and relax at one of the many wooden tables. Grab a magazine, take a deep breath of the sugary scent in the room and enjoy!
We enjoyed the gentle flowery green and fruity white teas, served in glass teapots along with unique Japanese teacups. Lovely!
The bright space and friendly staff are sure to improve your day. There is also plenty of seating outside if you feel like getting some sunshine. But don’t miss the cool wall art by Tom Kraanen. Is she the coffee fairy? You decide.
I am a huge fan of Oost and am happy about this great addition to the neighborhood. If you love Coffee Bru, be sure to check out their sweet sister.
Have you heard the news? Rum Baba is opening their own bakery and roastery across the street at Pretoriusstraat 15.
Rum Baba Amsterdam
Pretoriusstraat 33, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands