Pop in for amazing coffee drinks and delicious food in Scandinavian style.
SCANDINAVIAN EMBASSY • AMAZING COFFEE & NORDIC FOOD HOTSPOT
This gourmet coffee bar and Nordic food hotspot is hidden away by Sarphatipark in De Pijp. Pop in for amazing coffee and say hi to their cuddly pup, Java.
We have to say this might be the best cappuccino we’ve tasted in Amsterdam (or maybe the world!) Thanks to Nicolas, the 2013 Brewers Cup Champion of Sweden! Be sure to also try the filter coffee served in a carafe. It is smooth and sweet, almost like more of a tea than a coffee.
Scandinavian Embassy serves breakfast and lunch, the menu changes regularly and is always interesting. Think self-made gravadlax, poached eggs over greens, bear sausage, warming porridge with berries, and hearty Scandinavian soups. Swedish Chef Rikard always has some creative ideas up his sleeve and strives to use the most sustainable ingredients possible.
They do intimate dinners occasionally for small groups of people. Check their Facebook page for details and the latest news or contact them to book a private meal.
If you’d rather have a sweet treat than a meal, try their moist carrot cake or freshly baked cinnamon rolls. The single origin hot chocolate is also the best in town.
In addition to their amazing coffees and gourmet food, Scandinavian Embassy now sells hand-selected fashion and design items. Come check out the cool Nordic fashions for men and women.
This is one of the hidden gems of Amsterdam. Don’t miss it!
Sarphatipark 34, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands