A tiny restaurant serving quick and tasty Indonesian meals right in the center of Amsterdam.
SIE JOE • INDONESIAN BY THE NIEUWE KERK
Stop into Sie Joe in the heart of the city right behind the Nieuwe Kerk. It’s a terrific choice for an inexpensive, quick Indonesian meal for lunch or dinner.
The menu at Sie Joe is short and sweet with choices for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Start with the veggie loempia or soto ayam chicken soup. Then try the gado gado (a vegetarian dish with peanut sauce) or the nasi goreng kambing.
This restaurant, run by a friendly family, is quite small with only a few tables. No reservations are taken, it’s first come first served or order your food to-go.
After your meal, finish with a slice of spekkoek or walk across the alley to De Drie Graefjes for a cupcake or piece of cake. You won’t go home hungry! If you’re craving a beer, head to the tiny Cafe Belgique on the same street for a great selection of Belgian beers.
Sie Joe is closed Sundays. And just in case you didn’t know, Sie Joe is pronounced “See You” in Dutch. Cute!
Gravenstraat 24a, Amsterdam
[map height=”200″ skin=”gray” disable_scrollwheel=”1″][pin icon=”https://awesomeamsterdam.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/map_pin_X-copy.png” pin center=”1″]Gravenstraat 24, Amsterdam[/pin][/map]
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands