Climb up to the rooftop of the Oude Kerk and look over the city at this art installation by Taturo Atzu entitled “The Garden Which is the Nearest to God”.
TATURO ATZU AT THE OUDE KERK • THE GARDEN WHICH IS THE NEAREST TO GOD
The climb up the scaffolding is an experience in itself. Once you get to the top, you’ll find a large white expanse punctuated by the church towers. You’re on top of the oldest building in Amsterdam, look out over the city.
This interesting exhibit is by Japanese artist Taturo Atzu who specializes in works that transform public monuments to evoke the intimacy of living spaces. Special public exhibitions and events will be held on the platform this summer. Check the Oude Kerk calendar for more information.
Tickets to climb to the roof platform are €10 and can be purchased in advance online to avoid queues.
June 27th – September 6th, 2015
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam