For a tasty Thai meal to-go or at a relaxed pace, try one of the Thai Bird locations on the Zeedijk.
THAI BIRD RESTAURANT
An elegant restaurant with more than 100 seats, Thai Bird serves tasty dishes to a crowd of hungry diners nightly. Although the restaurant is large, there seems to be a line out the door most evenings. The wait is never very long however, and soon you will be seated with a Singha in hand (did you know it is pronounced “Sing” and not “Sing-ha”?).
Begin your meal by sharing an order of loempia or saté, tom yum soup, or perhaps Northern Thai lobster meatballs. The menu has something for everyone, with seafood, chicken, noodle, beef and vegetarian dishes. Most main courses run from €15-18 each and come with steamed rice. Service is quick and friendly.
THAI SNACKBAR BIRD
Located across the street from the restaurant is the small original snackbar cafe. Here you can order food to go, or simply eat there at one of the seats crowded into the small space. The food at the snackbar is as delicious as the restaurant with portions perhaps a bit smaller and prices a bit lower at €8-13 for an entree.
On a nice day, take your meal to go and follow the canals to a quiet bench where you can eat your spicy Thai food as you watch the swans and boats float by.
Restaurant: Zeedijk 72-74, Amsterdam
Snackbar: Zeedijk 77, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands