Camping and art come together at Urban Campsite Amsterdam. From June 1 to September 1 you can stay at this unique location on IJburg. The official opening party is June 6th!
Guests have all the amenities of a regular camping … and more! The accommodations are artistic and unusual mobile structures complete with beds. There is a shared kitchen and community showers and toilets. The Urban Campsite project aims to use sustainable systems and recycled materials as much as possible.
The idea is to bring life to a formerly empty location and create a publicly accessible outdoor exhibition of artwork. Come check it out at the official opening on June 6th.
It’s just a quick tram ride to central station but you’ll find all you need in the area. Close by you’ll find a bakery, supermarket, ice cream shop, restaurants, cafes and Blijburg beach.
Urban Campsite Amsterdam
Einde Pampuslaan, IJburg, Amsterdam
Looking for quirky hotels in Amsterdam? Check out Hotel de Windketel, Sweets Hotel, Faralda Crane Hotel, Leidinghuis and Hotel Not Hotel too. Or maybe you’d like to stay on a houseboat?
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam