If you’re visiting Amsterdam and looking for a different type of place to rest your head for the night, check out this industrial chic hotel. Locals should not miss Canvas, the rooftop bar and club. And check out the hot tubs with a view!
VOLKSHOTEL • AMSTERDAM’S COOLEST PLACE TO STAY
The Volkshotel was previously the headquarters of the Volkskrant newspaper. When the Volkskrant moved out, the building was used as office space by entrepreneurs and creatives, and the top floor lunchroom was turned into Canvas op de 7e, a rooftop restaurant that also became a club on weekend nights.
A few years ago the building temporarily closed while they underwent renovations to become the cool new Volkshotel.
If you’re visiting Amsterdam and looking for a different type of place to rest your head for the night, check out this industrial chic hotel. The 172 rooms are mostly minimalist but several have been individually decorated in themes by local artists. Check out the white bicycle room and the cinema themed room.
In addition to a nice place to sleep, the Volkshotel also boasts a lobby bar, downstairs club and best of all a fun rooftop bar and nightclub. Oh and don’t miss the hot tubs and sauna with amazing views!
Visiting Amsterdam soon? Book your stay at the Volkshotel here!
Wibautstraat 150, Amsterdam
Looking for quirky hotels in Amsterdam? Check out Hotel de Windketel, Sweets Hotel, Faralda Crane Hotel, Leidinghuis and Hotel Not Hotel too. Or maybe you’d like to stay on a houseboat?
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands