A bar and restaurant with a tropical vibe, Walter’s serves up cocktails, beer, wine and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.The ambiance inside is relaxed but the colonial decor lends something a little exotic. Check out the bamboo bird cages and the funky artifacts scattered throughout the bar. Take a seat on a rattan or teak chair and look around at the indoor plants for a vacation feeling.
Walter’s also has a nice terrace on the Javastraat for soaking up the afternoon sunshine with a local beer from Two Chefs or Brouwerij ‘t IJ. We love the creative cocktails that are served in huge glasses.
Curious about the name? Walter Woodbury was an English inventor and photographer in the Dutch East Indies in the early 1900s.
Walter’s – The Walter Woodbury Bar
Javastraat 42, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Best burgers in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam