Every year the World Press Photo exhibit comes to Amsterdam. This display of the top news images from the past year is usually both inspiring and horrifying. Visit the exhibit at Amsterdam’s Nieuwe Kerk from April 14 to July 22.
Usually the exhibit has a mix of fascinating peeks into cultural practices, festivals and events throughout the world. There are also disturbing images of conflicts, illness and poverty. Categories include Spot News, General News, People, Sports, Contemporary Issues, Daily Life, Portraits and Nature.
The World Press Photo organization is a non-profit based in Amsterdam. Their main goal is to support professional photojournalism on an international scale. They host an annual photo competition, and the prizewinning photographs are assembled into a traveling exhibition.
You can visit the World Press Photo exhibit at the Nieuwe Kerk from 14 April to 22 July, 2018. Get your tickets in advance here.
*all images via World Press Photo
You might also like these posts:
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- Keukenhof gardens
- 7 Secret Spots in Amsterdam off the beaten path
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam